Choosing to Have Skilled Nursing Care
Making the decision for skilled nursing care for yourself or your loved one is an important decision. Not only are you inviting someone you don’t know in your home or your loved one’s home, but you are also relying on that person to take care of your loved one with as much care and concern as you would. Rest assured that Pathfinder has a team of professional, compassionate, and licensed registered nurses and licensed vocational nurses who will provide the best care to you or your loved one. Their services will cover the following areas:
- Coordination of Care – We will handle all the organization needed to ensure proper care and communication between doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Family/Caregiver Training & Education – The staff of Pathfinder will provide you with the training and education that you will need to help your loved one such as ensuring home safety, safe bathing methods, among others.
- Diabetic Management – Maintain a healthy sugar level is important to avoid any complications from the disease. The skilled nursing staff will monitor and do everything we can to keep your loved one safe and healthy.
- Wound Care/ Wound-Vac – If there are any injuries, we will closely monitor them and make sure they heal properly.
- Medication Management – More than just making sure you or you loved takes any prescribed medications on time, we will monitor dosages and request adjustments as needed.
- Disease Management & Education – We can help improve the quality of life for your loved one, and show you how to do the same, by preventing and minimizing the effects of chronic illness and disease. This can also help lower the overall costs of your loved one’s healthcare.
- Nutrition – Proper nutrition is important for anyone, especially those who may need a special diet. Our skilled nursing staff will provide quality nutrition and nutrition education to help make you or your loved one as healthy as possible.
- Pre/Post Hospital Care – If your loved one needs any hospital treatment at any time, we will help with that transition to and from with the hospital staff with proper care, education, and assessments
- Anodyne Therapy– Pain and numbness from neuropathy can be debilitating. Our skilled nurses will help provide anodyne therapy to bring feeling and use back to the affected limbs.
- Neurological Disorder Treatment – Using the best treatments available, we strive to make neurological disorders less frightening for you and your loved one by providing education along with the treatment.
- Cardiovascular Disorder Management – Often to attributed to a complication of diabetes, we will continue to treat and manage the cardiovascular issues of your loved one as directed by the primary care physician
- IV Therapy – Whether nutrients or specialty drugs are needed for you or your loved ones care, our caring skilled nurses will administer the intravenous therapy.
Independence and individuality is important at all stages of life. Having trusted skilled nursing available can help you or your loved one keep that independence longer by keeping you in your home. Even if all the services available by our staff are not needed, rest assured that Pathfinder’s skilled nurses and vocational nurses will do everything they can to care for your loved one, like you are a member of our own family.
Pathfinder has a team of compassionate licensed Registered Nurses and licensed Vocational Nurses who will provide care in the following areas: